Saturday, January 29, 2011

Illustration Friday : Surrender

Cherry blossom tree / Cerisier en fleur



" There is no desolation when it is time for my flowers to die. People marvel at them and they are right because soon they will be able to eat my fruit. Life is not only about building, it is also about surrendering..."


"Il n'y a pas de désolation lorsque vient le temps pour mes fleurs de mourir. Les gens s'extasient et ils ont raison, parce que bientôt, ils pourront manger  mes fruits. La vie ne consiste pas seulement à construire, mais aussi à se rendre..."

8 comments:

  1. Pretty painting and text.
    Enjoyable to see and read.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula. I thought the text might not be explicit enough, so I'm glad it was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. Makes me look forward to spring right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stella, nice illustration and I love the writing. So true! I'm looking forward to cherry blossoms, probably very soon here in California...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the spring and positive feel to your picture. The colours make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I love Cherry Blossom trees in the Spring, it makes the winter worth it! Lovely illustration!

    ReplyDelete